Female Rugby Development Officer
Female Rugby Development Officer
Date of Publishing
16 June 2021
Date of Closing
25 June 2021
Rugby Development Manager (for Rugby Development related duties)
To promote, develop and grow the game in the region through the implementation of rugby Programs and initiatives in schools, clubs, and other community settings. Build strong, positive working relationships with key stakeholders within the UAERF Jurisdiction.
Promote rugby through the implementation of rugby programs in schools, clubs, and the general community with the guidance & direction provided.
- Coach & Train Al-Maha All Emirati Female Team.
- Assist as required with National Teams Trainings.
- Initiate, build and maintain positive relationships with clubs, schools, affiliates, and PE teachers.
- Maintain registration database of players, affiliates, schools visited… etc.
- Promote rugby initiatives within the community
- Plan, implement, and deliver rugby coaching courses.
- Ensure all coaches are registered and entered onto the UAERF database
- Plan, implement and deliver Get-into-Rugby programs.
- Organize and facilitate a range of tag, touch, and contact-based tournament opportunities for all school cycles to give students rugby opportunities and experience rugby (subject to COVID19 Health Measures)
- Apply the UAERF COVID19 Protocols, Code of Conduct, and all relevant UAERF Codes & Protocols.
- Identify player recruitment and retention opportunities, and promote leadership opportunities amongst players.
- Develop a calendar of rugby development programs, tournaments, and clinics.
- Take every opportunity to build and promote the UAERF values, image, and vision.
- Ensure all UAERF policies are adhered to and professional service is delivered to Stakeholders
- Contribute & assist to all UAERF events and activities when required
- Deliver Performance Reports to concerned stakeholders.
Key Success Factors:
- Implementation of UAERF Development Strategy Plans (short- and long- range plan)
- Achieving the required target of Emirati participants/ schools as per UAERF direction.
- Building a National Female Emirati Teams M&Y & Seniors through Al-Maha
- Retention of Athletes, and development of new players.
Qualifications & Requirements
- World Rugby Level 2 Coaching 15's & 7's or equivalent
- Experience in playing and/or coaching rugby teams, preferably at all levels
- A sound tactical and technical rugby knowledge
- Ability to work with, manage and lead a range of people including PE teachers, coaches, volunteers, and professionals.
- Experience in speaking to, and leading, groups of people in either public speaking or workgroup situations
- Able to follow administrative systems, protocols, and procedures.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- English Language, Arabic (advantage)
- Computer literate, particularly with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, with excellent demonstration abilities.
- Able to work flexible hours, night training.
- Rugby Specific Medical First Aid Qualification. Preferably (L1 FAIR)
- Sports-related Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of working in similar roles
- Driving License (for U.A.E. residents)
Applications are sent to HR@uaerugby.ae with the title (CODE: FRDO172021)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a record of references & contact details.
- Cover Letter
- Rugby & Sports’ Related Certificates Copy
- Rugby Portfolio (preferable if available)